Dear Red Oaks Parents,
A huge part of The Red Oaks School Community is our Parents’ Association. With students enrolled at the ROS, you automatically become a member of the Parents’ Association (PA). There are no membership dues, nor is there pressure to fundraise on behalf of the PA. Rather, the PA exists to provide social opportunities for the students, parents, families and staff of the ROS.
The PA would not exist without the time and dedication of as many of the families within the ROS as possible. In the past we have had phenomenal parent volunteers who have collectively organized a number of successful events. As a parent, volunteering your time and/or skills builds our community and connects you to your child’s dynamic education. It also allows you to bond and connect with other parents. All these connections lift our school spirit.
Please take your time to look though and familiarize yourself with our 2019-2020 school year opportunities and events. Through the descriptions, hopefully you will see more than one way to volunteer your time throughout the school year. ANY time you can give would be greatly appreciated and called upon! The time you give to your child’s school through the PA is truly priceless. In addition to the events, there will be only two general PA meetings; one the last Friday of September and one the last Friday of January.
We look so forward to starting this school year. We each have three children attending the ROS; in both Cutler and Speedwell campuses. We hope to always be familiar faces that help you want to get involved in the PA. Lastly, please save the date of Friday, September 6, 2019 for our annual welcome brunch. This is a great opportunity to meet new and familiar faces over some coffee and conversation. We personally hope to meet anyone who is new to our school at this welcome brunch.
Your PA Chairs
Megan Clark (Graham–Kindergarten, Peter–Grade 5, Catie–Grade 5)
Ilana Radcliffe (Asher–Grade 1, Bennett–Grade 1, Leo–Grade 2)
- Ice Cream Social (August 28, 2019)
- School Picture Days (October 1-3, 2019)
- Annual Harvest Festival (October 5, 2019)
- Family Soccer Game (October 20, 2019)
- Parent Social (November 9, 2019)
- Ice Skating Party (December 20, 2019)
- Primary Teas (January 24, 2020)
- Museum Overnight (TBD–January/February 2020)
- Bingo Night (February 21, 2020)
- Snow Tubing (March 1, 2020)
- Moms’ Night Out (March 2, 2020)
- Family Social/Art Show (May 21, 2020)
- Fundraising (ongoing)
A fun-filled day at the Cutler Street Campus for the entire Red Oaks family, alumni, friends, neighbors, faculty and administration to celebrate the fall season. Highlights include a bluegrass band, crafts, games, food, and socializing! This event offers a variety of volunteer opportunities from set-up to clean-up.
Our early childhood classroom students put the Montessori principles of grace and courtesy into action through a themed tea party. Students invite two special adult guests to attend the tea party. This is a child-centered event, and we welcome parents of early childhood students to volunteer to coordinate with the teachers to make this a memorable event for all.
This year, we hope to have a social event for families on the Cutler Campus playground the same day as our well-loved and attended art show. It will be in the afternoon immediately after school before the Memorial Day weekend break begins. Parent volunteers will be needed to coordinate games and food.
- Halloween Party (October 2019)
- Paddle Party (November 2019)
- Movie Night (February 2020)
- Campfire & S'mores at Willow Hall (April/May 2019)
- End-of-the-Year Party (June 2020)
You can support The Red Oaks School Parents' Association at NO COST to you through your regular Amazon purchases. Through the AmazonSmile program, we will receive 0.5% of eligible purchases made through Amazon. This includes just about everything, including Prime purchases. Amazon Smile HERE'S THE CATCH: Purchases need to be made through a distinct URL, which is not integrated into the standard Amazon smartphone apps or main Amazon website. The Red Oaks AmazonSmile URL is:
It can get clunky to use this URL, but there is a solution! If you shop on your computer, we would suggest adding this URL to your "favorites," bookmarking the page, and/or creating a desktop shortcut. Go directly to this URL and shop as you normally would. Simply look for the AmazonSmile logo in the upper left to confirm that you are shopping on the correct site, and be sure that "The Red Oaks School Inc" appears under the search box as the charity that you are supporting.
If you shop using the iPhone app, it is simple to create an AmazonSmile app:
- Go to this site: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/22-1815493
- Click on the center icon along the bottom of the screen. It looks like a square with an arrow pointing up. Clicking on this icon will bring up a menu, including the options to AirDrop, Message, Mail, etc.
- Click on the "Add to Home Screen" icon that appears along the bottom row on the menu.
- Rename the App "AmazonSmile" or "Red Oaks Amazon" or whatever suits you, then click "Add" in the upper right part of the screen.
- Shop 'til you drop using your shiny new AmazonSmile app! (We would suggest deleting the old Amazon app from your phone to avoid confusion. None of your Amazon account info will be lost when you do this.)
Anyone can choose to support The Red Oaks School through their Amazon purchases, and we are grateful to all! You will see in the AmazonSmile description that our mission is "To lay the foundation for students to become engaged global citizens," and that surely holds universal appeal!
Please forward this message to family members, friends, neighbors, coworkers, etc. If you run into any trouble creating an app or locating the page, shoot us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org), and we are happy to assist.