You can support The Red Oaks School Parents' Association at NO COST to you through your regular Amazon purchases. Through the AmazonSmile program, we will receive 0.5% of eligible purchases made through Amazon. This includes just about everything, including Prime purchases. Amazon Smile HERE'S THE CATCH: Purchases need to be made through a distinct URL, which is not integrated into the standard Amazon smartphone apps or main Amazon website. The Red Oaks AmazonSmile URL is:
It can get clunky to use this URL, but there is a solution! If you shop on your computer, we would suggest adding this URL to your "favorites," bookmarking the page, and/or creating a desktop shortcut. Go directly to this URL and shop as you normally would. Simply look for the AmazonSmile logo in the upper left to confirm that you are shopping on the correct site, and be sure that "The Red Oaks School Inc" appears under the search box as the charity that you are supporting.
If you shop using the iPhone app, it is simple to create an AmazonSmile app:
- Go to this site: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/22-1815493
- Click on the center icon along the bottom of the screen. It looks like a square with an arrow pointing up. Clicking on this icon will bring up a menu, including the options to AirDrop, Message, Mail, etc.
- Click on the "Add to Home Screen" icon that appears along the bottom row on the menu.
- Rename the App "AmazonSmile" or "Red Oaks Amazon" or whatever suits you, then click "Add" in the upper right part of the screen.
- Shop 'til you drop using your shiny new AmazonSmile app! (We would suggest deleting the old Amazon app from your phone to avoid confusion. None of your Amazon account info will be lost when you do this.)
Anyone can choose to support The Red Oaks School through their Amazon purchases, and we are grateful to all! You will see in the AmazonSmile description that our mission is "To lay the foundation for students to become engaged global citizens," and that surely holds universal appeal!
Please forward this message to family members, friends, neighbors, coworkers, etc. If you run into any trouble creating an app or locating the page, shoot us an email (email@example.com), and we are happy to assist.